One of Lake Allatoona’s favorite spots is Old Highway 41 #3 Campground, about 40 miles north of Atlanta, near the town of Acworth. This delightful Army Corps of Engineers getaway has 44 campsites (43 standard, 1 RV), all with electric and water hookups.
Lakefront sites are available, giving visitors sweeping views of the magnificent lake. Fire rings, picnic areas, drinking water, flush toilets and showers are provided. Even “less enthusiastic” campers will find comfortable conditions at this pleasant campground.
Old Highway 41 #3 Campground is open through Labor Day.
Boating, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and swimming are popular activities along Lake Allatoona, an 11-mile-long treasure created by the Army Corps of Engineers. You’ll find hundreds of spots along the 270 miles of shoreline for picnicking, hiking, hunting, and relaxing.
- Accessible Restroom
- Accessible Showers
- Basketball Court
- Boat Launch Ramp
- Convenience Store within 10 miles
- Courtesy Dock
- Designated Accessible Site
- Fire Rings
- Gas and Propane within 10 miles
- Hot Showers
- Lake Front Sites
- Lantern Holder
- Park Attendant
- Paved Roads and Spurs
- Paved Sites
- Picnic Tables
- RV sites with Electric Hookups
- RV Sanitary Dump Station
- Tent Pads
- Water Hookups
Fees and Details
- This campground has first-come, first-served sites.
- Reservations are NOT made at the campground.
- To check availability of first-come, first-served sites, you may go to the campground or contact the Lake Allatoona Project Management Office at 678-721-6700.
- There is a two-night minimum for weekends and a three-night minimum for holidays.
- Site Fees are $24-56 per night (subject to change)
- Fourteen-day stay limit
- Tellus Science Museum – Cartersville
- Etowah Indian Mounds – Cartersville
- Booth Western Art Museum – Cartersville
- Kennesaw National Battlefield – Kennesaw
- White Water Park – Marietta
- Georgia Aquarium – Atlanta
- ATVs and ORVs are prohibited
- Check in time is 4 p.m. or later
- Checkout time is 3 p.m.
- Maximum of four visitors, in addition to the registered camping party
- Maximum TWO pets per campsite (sorry, no exceptions). Livestock, wild, exotic, and known vicious pets such as: Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, etc., or those that present a high risk of serious injury, are NOT permitted in the campground.
- Noise is banned between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Pets are not allowed in or around any buildings (shower, bathroom, laundry) or on any of the swimming beaches. Dogs must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet when you are walking with them away from your campsite. You cannot leave your dog tied up at your campsite when you are not around.
- Three cars per campsite, maximum
- Complete Rules & Regulations can be found here: Rules
Campground closes at 10:30 p.m. Visitor Hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
GPS Latitude and Longitude:
- 34.08833, -84.71056
- 34°5’18″ N, 84°42’38″ W
Take Interstate 75 to Exit 278. Turn west onto Glade Road. Turn right onto Highway 92 (Lake Acworth Drive). Drive about one mile. Turn left onto Highway 293/Main Street. Follow the signs to the campground.
Reservations should be made at least three days in advance.
Call 877-444-6777 or visit Recreation.gov.
Lake Allatoona Project Management Office: 678-721-6700
Campground map: Old Highway 41 #3 Campground Map