U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Day Use Parks
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers maintains many Day Use areas near Lake Allatoona and the Etowah River. With the exception of Upper Stamp Creek and Knox Bridge, they are handicap accessible. Most have picnic areas that are ideal for barbecues and parties.
Day Use areas are open from 8 AM until 8 PM daily.
Please Note: Boat ramps at Blockhouse, Clark Creek, Cooper Branch, Galt’s Ferry, Payne, Stamp Creek, Tanyard and Victoria are open year-round 24/7, depending on water levels.
Day Use Area Fees
- Boat launch in day-use areas without a beach $3
- Boat launch in day-use areas with a beach $4
- Commercial vehicle $1/per person
- Pedestrian/Bike $1
- Vehicle $4
To view a map of the various parks mentioned, scroll to the bottom of this page.
Day Use Areas
- Blockhouse Park
- Cooper’s Branch #1 and #2 Parks
- Cooper’s Furnace Park
- Galt’s Ferry Park
- Kellogg Creek Park
- Knox Bridge Park
- Lake Allatoona Visitor Center
- Old Highway 41 #1
- Old Highway 41 #2
- Payne Ramp Park
- Riverside Park
- Sweetwater Park
- Tanyard Creek Park
- Upper Stamp Creek Park
- Victoria Park
State, County and City Area Parks
There are abundant public parks and areas on Lake Allatoona that are managed by state, county, or city agencies.
- Acworth Beach at Cauble Park
- Bartow County’s Carver Park
- Bartow County’s Gatewood Park / Bartow Beach
- Boling Park
- Cherokee Mills Park
- Cobblestone Golf Course
- Dallas Landing Park
- Overlook Park
- Proctor Landing Park
- Red Top Mountain State Park
- South Shore Park
MAP OF ALLATOONA DAY USE AREAS AND PARKS