We’re expecting good weather for “Rumble in the Streets” — a police-escorted motorcycle ride and Classic Car Cruise-In to benefit the Griffin & Jake Prince Memorial Fund — on Saturday, August 11, 2012.
Griffin & Jake are the brothers who perished in a boating accident on Lake Lanier in June, 2012.
The 70-mile motorcycle ride is scheduled for Saturday, August 11th, with a rain-date of Saturday, September 1st.
Riders are asked to assemble in Dahlonega at the Lumpkin County Courthouse (325 Riley Road, Dahlonega, GA, 30533) beginning at 9 AM. There will be a pre-ride meeting at 11 AM, with “kickstands up” at 11:15.
Sheriff escorts from Dawson, Lumpkin, Forsyth and Hall counties will lead the motorcyclists and halt cross-traffic at stoplights and major intersections.
There are few things motorcyclists enjoy more than waving to smiling law enforcement officers while we legally ride our bikes through red lights with hundreds of other bikers.
A classic car show will be held from 1 PM until 4 PM at Dawsonville’s City Hall, where the ride ends.
All proceeds of this memorial ride will go to the Griffin & Jake Prince Memorial Fund.
We will see you there!
- 70-mile police-escorted motorcycle ride to benefit the Griffin & Jake Prince Memorial Fund
- Classic Car Show at Dawsonville City Hall from 1-4 PM
- Saturday, August 11, 2012
- Rain Date: Saturday, September 1st
- Bike registration 9 AM – 11 AM
- Pre-ride meeting at 11 AM
- Kickstands up at 11:15 AM
- Motorcycle ride begins in Dahlonega at the Lumpkin County Courthouse
- Courthouse address: 325 Riley Road, Dahlonega, GA 30533
- Click Here for Directions
- Ride travels through four counties to Gainesville, Buford Dam, Cumming before ending in Dawsonville
- $40 per bike — no extra charge for passengers
- $20 per Classic Car at the Cruise-In
- $10 Burger plates at the world-famous Dawsonville Pool Room with 50% of proceeds going to the Memorial fund
- To keep costs low and give the most to the Memorial fund, no T-shirts will be provided.
- Music will be provided in Dawsonville by the Brian Jarrett Band
- Lt. Doug Boyle of Dawson County Sheriff’s Office
- Phone: 770-324-1015
- e-mail: [email protected]
For a donation of $100 per shot, we will allow you to have your picture taken on Grasshopper, the Humble Ninja. All proceeds go to the Griffin & Jake Prince Memorial Fund.