Public Meetings re: 2013-2015 Hunting Regulations
The state of Georgia will hold eight public meetings to discuss the development of hunting regulations for the 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 hunting seasons.
All citizens — not just hunters — are invited.
The Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division designed these forums so that the public could give its input during the planning process.
Assistant Chief of the Game Management Section John Bowers says, “Public input is important and valuable. We’re seeking input that simplifies regulations, encourages hunting participation, maximizes opportunity, and is biologically appropriate.”
Hunting regulation proposals will be available in April and will be considered by the Board of Natural Resources in May 2013.
All meetings will begin at 7 PM.
January 7, 2013
- Wrens City Hall, Public Meeting Room
- 401 E. Broad Street, Wrens, GA
Richmond Hill, GA
- J. F. Gregory Park, John W. Stephens Wetlands Education Center
- 600 Cedar Street, Richmond Hill, GA
January 8, 2013
Rock Spring, GA
- Walker County Civic Center
- 10052 N. Highway 27, Rock Spring, GA
- Lanier Technical College, Forsyth Conference Center
- 7745 Majors Road, Cumming, GA
January 9, 2013
- Columbus State University
- Elizabeth Bradley Turner Center for Continuing Education
- 4225 University Avenue, Columbus, GA
- Mitchell County Agricenter
- 4590 Highway 73 East, Camilla, GA
January 10, 2013
- Rabun County Courthouse
- 25 Courthouse Square, Clayton, GA
- Charlton County Annex
- 68 Kingsland Drive, Folkston, GA
Those who attend any of these meetings may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either spoken or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak.
Participants must register upon arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement. Those unable to attend a meeting may submit input either electronically or in written statement form.
Input must be received by January 18, 2013.
Written statements should be mailed to:
- GA DNR/Wildlife Resources Division/Game Management Section
- Attn: John W. Bowers
- 2070 U.S. Highway 278, S.E.
- Social Circle, Georgia 30025.
Statements may be electronically submitted here:
These meeting sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. To request sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids, contact Brandon Anderson at 770-761-3045 no later than Dec. 27, 2012.
For more information, visit www.georgiawildlife.com/