Georgia Mountain Fair Opens July 20th
The most friendly place in Georgia is the Mountain Fair in Hiawassee.
The 62nd annual Georgia Mountain Fair opens on Friday, July 20th and spreads joy, mirth and happiness all the way until Sunday, July 29th.
No wonder the Georgia Mountain Fair was chosen as a “Top 20 Event “ by the Southeast Tourism Society.
This year’s festival has
• enough arts & crafts to make Martha Stewart pass out
• so much Country music, you’ll want to steal your best friend’s honey and drive off in their pickup singing along with Willie and the Gang
• so many cloggers in wooden shoes you’ll think you’re in Holland (if they clog in Holland).
Oh, yeah. The 62nd annual Georgia Mountain Fair has that and MORE! But it won’t be perfect without you.
You want it? The Mountain Fair has it:
- flower shows
- cooking competitions
- the pioneer village
- soap & hominy making
- arts & crafts
- handy tips on improving your moonshine
- the Miss Georgia Mountain Fair Pageant and
- the famous GA Mountain Fair Parade at 11 AM, Saturday, July 21st.
If that’s not enough — and it should be — you can go on Carnival rides until you’re crazier than your in-laws.
Mountain Fair performers include:
- Lee Greenwood
- Marty Stuart
- Janie Fricke
- Larry Gatlin
- Crystal Gayle and
- The Cleverlys
Summer wouldn’t be summer without going to the Georgia Mountain Fair.