Looking for the perfect way to relieve the guilt of overeating on Thanksgiving? This is it!!
The City of Acworth Parks and Recreation Department is hosting the 5th Annual Acworth Turkey Chase on Saturday, November 23, 2013.
Enjoy an exhilarating 5K run through Historic Downtown Acworth and along the shores of beautiful Lake Acworth.
Walk, jog or run, participants of all ages and abilities are welcome.
This year there’s a Timed Run for participants 10 and up. The cost of the Timed Run is $20, if you register before noon on November 21.
All participants must bring a non-perishable food item on race day to receive their race number and Acworth Turkey Chase T-shirt. All non-perishable food items will benefit the Tackle Hunger Program.
- The 5K Fun Run starts at 9:00 AM.
- The 2K walk begins at 9:15 AM.
- The “Little Pilgrim” Trot for children up to age 5 begins at 10:00 AM.
- Registration for the Untimed Fun Run for age 13 and over is $10 before noon on November 21 or $20 on the day of the race.
- Registration for the Untimed Fun Run for kids age 6 – 12 is $5 before noon on November 21 or $10 on the day of the race.
- Kids 5 & under are free.