You have until Friday, April, 5, 2013, to express your opinions to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) regarding what’s known as the “Northwest Corridor” or NWC.
What is NWC?
The NWC project would build two new lanes along the west side of Interstate Highway 75 between its interchanges with Interstate Highways 285 and 575. The lanes would be separated from the existing interstate and would be reversible so that both would carry traffic southbound during morning commute hours and northbound in the evenings.
Above the I-575 interchange, one new reversible lane would be added in I-75’s center median to Hickory Grove Road. A similar new I-575 lane would extend to Sixes Road. Both lanes would impact traffic near Lake Allatoona.
A variable-rate toll, based on traffic volume, would be assessed for access to the lanes. Vehicles would access the managed lane system via six new interchanges on I-75 and slip-ramp access points from existing lanes on I-575.
GDOT’s Final Environmental Impact Statement
GDOT has extended public comment on the NWC managed-lanes project in Cobb and Cherokee counties through Friday, April 5, 2013.
GDOT completed its reevaluation of the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) in order to document any impacts the changes might make to the NWC EIS, published in October of 2011.
Review the Final Environmental Impact Statement Here:
- Atlanta-Fulton County Library, One Margaret Mitchell Square, Atlanta GA 30303
- Cobb County Central Library, 266 Roswell St, Marietta GA 30060
- RT Jones Memorial Library, 116 Brown Industrial Pkwy, Canton GA 30114
- Georgia Department of Transportation, Office of Environmental Services, 600 West Peachtree Street, NW., 16th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30308
- GDOT District 6 Main Office, 500 Joe Frank Harris Parkway, Cartersville, GA 30120
- GDOT District 6 Cherokee Area Engineer’s Office, 874 Peeples Valley Road, NW, Cartersville, GA 30120
- GDOT District 7 Main Office, 5025 New Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341
- GDOT District 7 Office, Cobb Area Engineer’s Office, 1269 Kennestone Circle, Marietta, Georgia 30066.
Written comments may be submitted to:
- Darryl D. VanMeter, P.E.
- State Innovative Program Delivery Engineer
- Georgia Department of Transportation, 19th Floor
- One Georgia Center
- 600 West Peachtree Street
- Atlanta, GA, 30308.