As of June 1, 2014, sportspeople of all ages can apply electronically for quota hunts including adult/child permits, deer, alligator, waterfowl, dove and many others, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division.
A quota hunt is a scheduled event at a Wildlife Management Area or other state-managed property where a limited number of hunters are allowed. Quota levels are based upon the sound principles of wildlife management and public desires for a quality hunt. These hunts provide a challenging and rewarding experience to hunters of all levels. Selected hunters must be properly licensed to participate in a quota hunt.
“All applicants must have an online quota hunt account to apply for these popular hunts. Interested persons who do not have an account should create one before applying,” said Wildlife Resources Division’s Chief of the Game Management Section John Bowers. “Maintaining a current and valid email address is important to ensure timely notification regarding quota hunt application confirmations and selection notices. Please review and update your account information regularly.”
Quota Hunt Application Tips
- Click Here to Open Quota Hunt Account.
- Be Accurate: Quota hunt applicants must enter their Social Security Number correctly when creating their account. This ensures the transfer of any priority points from previous seasons to the new account.
- Keep it Current: Make sure your email address is current and correct so that you can receive quota updates, confirmations and any notices about quota hunts.
Application deadlines vary depending on hunt type.
- The first deadlines are July 31st for Alligator
- August 15th for Dove, including Adult/Child and
- September 1st for all types of Deer Hunts, including Adult/Child.