McKaskey Creek Campground has 51 campsites. Thirty-two sites have electric and water hookups; some are premium and have water views. Nineteen primitive sites (with no concrete pad) are also available at this Army Corps of Engineers facility.
McKaskey Creek Campground is on the Etowah River, a tributary of the Coosa River, which flows into Lake Allatoona. The serene lake and peaceful surroundings offer a respite from city life. Visitors enjoy various water sports, hiking, hunting, and viewing wildlife.
Your new neighbors will be raccoons, bobcats, red and gray foxes, white tail deer, squirrels and chipmunks. If you spot black bears roaming the area, please do not approach or feed them.
The area’s rolling hills are filled with lush oak, maple, black gum, dogwood, magnolia, pine and hickory trees. Ferns and honeysuckle bushes cover the ground.
Camping Season Dates
March 22, 2019 – September 02, 2019 (Peak Season)
- Accessible Flush Toilets
- Accessible Showers
- Accessible Sites
- Beach Access
- Boat Ramp
- Campfire Rings
- Dump Station
- Electric Hookups
- Lantern Posts
- Laundry Facilities
- Paved Roads
- Paved Sites
- Pay Phone
- Picnic Area
- Tent Pads
- Trash Collection
- Water Hookups
- Waterfront Sites
- ATVs and ORVs are prohibited
- Boat ramp for boat launching
- Check in time is 4 p.m. or later
- Checkout time is 3 p.m.
- Gates are locked at 10:30 p.m. and reopen at 7 a.m.
- Maximum of four visitors, in addition to the registered camping party
- Maximum TWO pets per campsite (sorry, no exceptions). Livestock, wild, exotic, and known vicious pets such as: Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, etc., or those that present a high risk of serious injury, are NOT permitted in the campground.
- Noise is banned between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Three cars per campsite
- Complete Rules & Regulations
For information on fishing licenses, please click here.
Links to Nearby Attractions
- Reservations should be made at least three days in advance.
- Campsite fees range from $22-$32 per night
- Call 877-444-6777 or visit
- McKaskey Creek Campground
Physical Address: 358 McKaskey Creek Rd, Cartersville, GA 30121
Take I-75 to Exit 290 – Canton/Rome/GA Hwy 20. Go east onto GA 20, and take an immediate right onto GA Spur 20 for 2 miles. Then, turn left onto McKaskey Creek Road. Drive one mile to the campground.
GPS Latitude and Longitude:
- 34.19, -84.71806
- 34°11’24” N, 84°43’5″ W