Old Highway 41 #3 Campground on Lake Allatoona has 44 campsites (43 standard, 1 RV). They all have electric and water hookups, because even when you want to get away from The Big City, that doesn’t mean you want to sit in the dark, unwashed. Probably.
Lakefront sites are available, giving visitors sweeping views of this beautiful man-made lake that is maintained by the US Army Corps of Engineers.
Even campers who prefer to spend the night where they have such basics as room service will find comfortable conditions at this pleasant campground. Fire rings, picnic areas, drinking water, flush toilets and showers are provided.
If “you-know-who” isn’t happy, remind them it’s temporary.
Camping Season Dates
May 17, 2019 – September 02, 2019
- Accessible Restroom
- Accessible Showers
- Basketball Court
- Boat Launch Ramp
- Convenience Store within 10 miles
- Courtesy Dock
- Designated Accessible Site
- Fire Rings
- Gas and Propane within 10 miles
- Hot Showers
- Lake Front Sites
- Lantern Holder
- Park Attendant
- Paved Roads and Spurs
- Paved Sites
- Picnic Tables
- RV sites with Electric Hookups
- RV Sanitary Dump Station
- Tent Pads
- Water Hookups
- ATVs and ORVs are prohibited
- Check in time is 4 p.m. or later
- Checkout time is 3 p.m.
- Maximum of four visitors, in addition to the registered camping party
- Maximum TWO pets per campsite (sorry, no exceptions). Livestock, wild, exotic, and known vicious pets such as: Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, etc., or those that present a high risk of serious injury, are NOT permitted in the campground.
- Noise is banned between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Pets are not allowed in or around any buildings (shower, bathroom, laundry) or on any of the swimming beaches. Dogs must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet when you are walking with them away from your campsite. You cannot leave your dog tied up at your campsite when you are not around.
- Three cars per campsite, maximum
- Complete Rules & Regulations
For information on fishing licenses, please click here.
Links to Nearby Attractions
Reservations for Old Highway 41 #3 Campground
- Reservations should be made at least three days in advance.
- Campsite fees range from $28-$64 per night (Double Lakefront is $64)
- Call 877-444-6777 or visit Recreation.gov.
- Lake Allatoona Project Management Office: 678-721-6700
- Campground map: Old Highway 41 #3 Campground Map
GPS Latitude and Longitude:
- 34.08833, -84.71056
- 34°5’18” N, 84°42’38” W
Take Interstate 75 to Exit 278. Turn west onto Glade Road. Turn right onto Highway 92 (Lake Acworth Drive). Drive about one mile. Turn left onto Highway 293/Main Street. Follow the signs to the campground.