Sweetwater Creek Campground is beautifully maintained by the US Army Corps of Engineers. You won’t believe you’re only an hour away from the world’s busiest airport.
If you cannot find a happy place at Sweetwater Creek Campground, with its 151 spacious campsites on Lake Allatoona, you might find a cheap motel somewhere. Good luck with the towels.
They might not be perfect for honeymoons, but there are 43 tent sites that don’t have electricity. It seems a few campers can survive for hours unplugged. Somehow.
For the rest of us, there are 108 “normal” sites with water and electric hookups. One is reserved for RVs.
Looking for a place to camp with a group? There is an area at Sweetwater Creek Campground specifically set aside for groups. All you have to do is talk them into camping outside.
Camping Season Dates
March 15, 2019 – September 02, 2019
- Accessible Flush Toilets
- Accessible Sites
- Beach Access
- Boat Ramp
- Dump Station
- Electric Hookups
- Fire Rings
- Group Camping
- Hot Showers
- Lantern Holder
- Paved Sites
- Picnic Area
- Tent Pads
- Trash Collection
- Water Hookups
- Wildlife Viewing (depending on your neighbors)
- ATVs and ORVs are prohibited
- Check in time is 4 p.m. or later
- Checkout time is 3 p.m.
- Maximum of four visitors, in addition to the registered camping party
- Maximum TWO pets per campsite (sorry, no exceptions). Livestock, wild, exotic, and known vicious pets such as: Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, etc., or those that present a high risk of serious injury, are NOT permitted in the campground.
- Noise is banned between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Pets are not allowed in or around any buildings (shower, bathroom, laundry) or on any of the swimming beaches. Dogs must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet when you are walking with them away from your campsite. You cannot leave your dog tied up at your campsite when you are not around.
- Three cars per campsite, maximum
- Complete Rules & Regulations
- For information on fishing licenses, please click here.
Links to Nearby Attractions
- Reservations should be made at least three days in advance.
- Campsite fees range from $22-$270 per night (Group Standard is $270)
- Call 877-444-6777 or visit Recreation.gov.
- Lake Allatoona Project Management Office: 678-721-6700
- Campground map: Sweetwater Creek Campground Map
Physical address: Sweetwater Creek Campground, 1400 Field’s Chapel Road, Acworth, GA 30114
GPS Latitude and Longitude:
- 34.19444, -84.57889
- 34°11’40” N, 84°34’44” W
Take Interstate 75 to Exit 290. Head east on Highway 20 toward Canton/Rome. Drive approximately 12 miles. Turn right onto Field’s Chapel Road. Follow signs for two miles to the campground.