Upper Stamp Creek Campground has 20 sites; 18 have electric and water hookups. (That leaves two sites for hearty outdoorspeople who believe they can exist overnight without electricity.) You won’t believe you’re an hour from the world’s busiest airport — unless you see planes blinking in the sky as you peacefully rest beneath the stars.
Lake Allatoona is annually restocked with bass, crappie, bream, gar and catfish, making it a popular destination for anglers. Fishing jetties are available at numerous shoreline fishing locations, and a dock is provided at the campground.
There are unconfirmed reports of swarms of fireflies that blink mysterious messages late at night. Perhaps you’ll be among the fortunate few to witness this phenomenon.
Camping Season Dates
May 17, 2019 – September 03, 2019
- Accessible Flush Toilets
- Accessible Sites
- Beach access
- Boat Ramp
- Dump Station
- Electric Hookups
- Fire Rings
- Fishing Grills
- Hot Showers
- Lantern Holder
- Paved Sites
- Picnic Area
- Tent Pads
- Trash collection
- Water Hookups
- Wildlife Viewing (depending on your neighbors’ visitors)
- ATVs and ORVs are prohibited
- Check in time is 4 p.m. or later
- Checkout time is 3 p.m.
- Maximum of four visitors, in addition to the registered camping party
- Maximum TWO pets per campsite (sorry, no exceptions). Livestock, wild, exotic, and known vicious pets such as: Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, etc., or those that present a high risk of serious injury, are NOT permitted in the campground.
- Noise is banned between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Pets are not allowed in or around any buildings (shower, bathroom, laundry) or on any of the swimming beaches. Dogs must be kept on a leash no longer than 6 feet when you are walking with them away from your campsite. You cannot leave your dog tied up at your campsite when you are not around.
- Three cars per campsite, maximum
- Complete Rules & Regulations
- For information on fishing licenses, please click here.
- Reservations should be made at least three days in advance.
- Campsite fees range from $22-$32 per night
- Call 877-444-6777 or visit Recreation.gov.
- Lake Allatoona Project Management Office: 678-721-6700
- Campground map: Upper Stamp Creek Campground Map
Physical address: 80 Chitwood Cemetery Road, White, GA 30184
GPS Latitude and Longitude:
- 34.20278, -84.67667
- 34°12’10” N, 84°40’36” W
Take Interstate 75 to Exit 290. Go east on Highway 20 toward Canton/Rome. Drive four miles. Turn right onto Wilderness Camp Road, then left onto Chitwood Cemetery Road. Follow signs to the campground (or listen to your wife).