Riverside Park Day Use Area is located downstream from the Allatoona Dam on the Etowah River, which is a tributary of the Coosa River.
Riverside Park has two open shelters available for rent. Shelter “A” is on the river and has a maximum seating capacity of 200 people. Horseshoe pits, a sand volleyball court and an open playing field are nearby. Another pavilion, which seats a maximum of 50 people, is alongside a very pretty stream with lots of trees around. The Etowah River is a rather short stroll away from “Shelter B.”
Park hosts will lend you horseshoes or a volleyball, when possible, for use by those who rent the shelters.
The Vineyard Mountain Eagle Scout Trails can be accessed from inside Riverside Park.
- boat ramp
- handicapped accessible
- hiking trails
- picnic tables
According to the US Army Corps of Engineer office at Lake Allatoona:
- A fee of $5 per vehicle is charged at parks with beaches.
- A $5 boat launching fee is charged at parks with boat ramps.
- A Corps of Engineers Annual Day-Use Pass may be purchased for $40. The pass is honored at Corps of Engineers day-use areas and boat ramps
Address & Directions to Riverside Park Day Use Area
- 513 Allatoona Dam Road SE, Cartersville, GA, 30121
- 34°9’39″N, 84°44’30″W
- From I-75 take Exit 285/Red Top Mountain Road exit. Go west onto Red Top Mountain Road. Turn right at the first traffic light onto the connector which will come to Hwy 41. Turn right onto Hwy 41 and travel 1 mile to Allatoona Dam Road. Turn right onto Allatoona Dam Road and travel 1.7 miles to Riverside Park.