Sweetwater Day Use Area is on the northeastern section of Lake Allatoona, off GA 20.
Sweetwater is a special place to spend some free time. (Yes, it is also a nice place to visit when you skip work, but we can’t say that.) Get a tan at the beach, calmly walk along the water’s edge or burn yourself out playing volleyball. Take your pick.
Gather 100 of your closest friends for a BBQ at the park pavilion. A playground is conveniently located nearby where kids can drop their food in the sand, so you’d better plan on cooking a few extra hotdogs.
- Accessible toilets, parking and shelters
- Horseshoe pits
- Picnic tables
- Swimming area
Please Note: Pets are not allowed.
According to the US Army Corps of Engineer office at Lake Allatoona:
- A fee of $5 per vehicle is charged at parks with beaches.
- A $5 boat launching fee is charged at parks with boat ramps.
- A Corps of Engineers Annual Day-Use Pass may be purchased for $40. The pass is honored at Corps of Engineers day-use areas and boat ramps.
Address & Directions to Sweetwater
- 1505 Fields Chapel Road, Canton, Georgia 30114
- 34°11’54″N, 84°34’32″W
- From I-75, take exit 290 which is the Hwy 20 exit. Go east on Hwy 20 towards Canton for approximately 10.2 miles. Turn right onto Fields Chapel Road. Travel 1.4 miles go past the campground entrance (on right). The road will dead end into the entrance of the Day Use Area.
- From I-575, take exit 14 — the Hwy 5 exit. Go west onto Hwy 5. Turn left onto Butterworth Road and travel 1.7 miles to the traffic light at Hwy 20. Turn left onto Hwy 20 West and go 2.6 miles. Turn left onto Fields Chapel Road. Travel 1.4 miles go past the campground entrance (on right). The road will dead end at the entrance of the Day Use Area.