Tanyard Creek Launching Ramp is not the same as Tanyard Creek Park in downtown Acworth, a popular spot for softball and grilling. The frequent lack of water at Tanyard Creek Launching Ramp makes it an iffy place to launch a boat. If water levels are high on Lake Allatoona, this ram will probably be open.
Lake Allatoona has 14 day-use parks for public use.
Tanyard Creek Ramp at Lake Allatoona is open from mid-May through Labor Day. The US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) says those dates may vary, depending on the water level.
Even when the water level is low, this is a pleasant place to spend a few hours away from malls, offices and you-know-who.
- Restroom facilities
- 3 Boat Ramp lanes
- Handicap accessible
- A facility-use fee of $5 per vehicle is charged at parks with beaches.
- A $5 boat launching fee is charged at parks with boat ramps.
- A Corps of Engineers Annual Day-Use Pass may be purchased for $40. The pass is honored at Corps of Engineers day-use areas and boat ramps nationwide.
- 4705 Tanyard Creek Road, NW; Acworth, GA 30102
- GPS: North 34 05 21.0; West: 84 41 33.3