Clark Creek North Campground is conveniently located on the south end of Lake Allatoona, near Acworth, and is managed by the Army Corps of Engineers. Clark Creek North has 24 premium sites, all with hookups for water and 50-amp electric.
Clark Creek North will close for the 2013 season on September 3, 2013.
Boating, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and swimming are popular activities along Lake Allatoona, an 11-mile-long treasure created by the Army Corps of Engineers. You’ll find hundreds of spots along the 270 miles of shoreline for picnicking, hiking, hunting, and relaxing.
- Accessible Restroom
- Accessible Showers
- Attendant on Duty
- Boat Launch Ramp
- Coin Laundry
- Convenience Store within 10 miles
- Courtesy Dock
- Designated Accessible Site
- Dump Station
- Fire Rings
- Gas and Propane within 10 miles
- Hot Showers
- Lantern holder
- Picnic Area
- Tent Pads
- Water Hookups
Fees and Details
- This campground has first-come, first-served sites.
- Reservations are NOT made at the campground.
- To check availability of first-come, first-served sites, you may go to the campground or contact the Lake Allatoona Project Management Office at 678-721-6700.
- There is a two-night minimum for weekends and a three-night minimum for holidays. For campers without reservations, there are first-come, first-served primitive campsites available.
- Site Fees are $28 per night (subject to change)
- Fourteen-day stay limit
- Visitor Hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Campground opens May 18, 2012 and closes September 4, 2012
- Tellus Science Museum – Cartersville
- Etowah Indian Mounds – Cartersville
- Booth Western Art Museum – Cartersville
- Kennesaw National Battlefield – Kennesaw
- White Water Park – Marietta
- Georgia Aquarium – Atlanta
- ATVs and ORVs are prohibited
- Boat ramp for boat launching
- Check in time is 4 p.m. or later
- Checkout time is 3 p.m.
- Gates are locked at 10:30 p.m. and reopen at 7 a.m.
- Maximum of six visitors, in addition to the registered camping party
- Maximum TWO pets per campsite (sorry, no exceptions). Livestock, wild, exotic, and known vicious pets such as: Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, etc., or those that present a high risk of serious injury, are NOT permitted in the campground.
- Noise is banned between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Three cars per campsite
- Complete Rules & Regulations can be found here: Rules
Physical Address: 5983 Glade Road, Acworth, GA 30102
Take I-75 to Exit 278 — Glade Road. Go north on Glade Road about 2 miles. Cross over the bridge. Clark Creek North Campsite is immediately on the left.
Reservations should be made at least three days in advance.
Call 877-444-6777 or visit Recreation.gov.
Lake Allatoona Project Management Office: 678-721-6700
Recreation.gov website: Clark Creek North