Fishing on Lake Allatoona can be a relaxing respite or an exciting adventure.
You only need a powerful boat, water skis, a crazy loud stereo, pretty girls/dudes and … No, wait. That’s water skiing. Sorry.
To go fishing all you need is Lake Allatoona, a modest fishing pole, a worm and somebody who will bait your hook and take the fish off your hook when you land The Big Ones.
Yes, you might need a license too.
Who needs a fishing license?
- Anyone age 16 and older must have a current Georgia fishing license in their possession while fishing in Georgia. Rangers may also require identification when checking fishing licenses.
When do licenses expire?
- Recreational fishing and hunting licenses are valid for one full year (12 months) from the purchase date. Two-year licenses are valid for (surprise!) two full years (24 months) from the day they are purchased.
Can I purchase fishing and hunting licenses online?
- Yes! The cost of hunting and fishing licenses varies, depending on age and residency. The link below will provide all the information you’ll need.
Have a good time fishing on Lake Allatoona! (Please leave a few lunkers for the rest of us.)
- Click here for Info on Buying Fishing and Hunting Licenses.
- Everything You’ll Ever Want to Know About Fish