Bringing an AK-47 to hunt turkeys? I don’t get it.
Wildlife Resources Division Rangers administer the state’s hunter education and boating safety programs. They also investigate violations of wildlife laws, and hunting and boating incidents.
Here are a few highlights from their recent Law Enforcement Report:
- Hunters rescued on Ogeechee River – Washington County
- Hunting turkey with an illegal weapon, AK 47 rifle – Coffee County
- Violation citations – several counties
The Wildlife Resource Division protects Georgia’s wildlife by enforcing laws, rules and regulations pertaining to:
- game and nongame animals
- threatened and endangered plants and animals
- exotic animals
- boating safety
- litter and waste control
- and other natural resource issues.
We appreciate DNR’s efforts to keep the wild outdoors as tame as possible.