The latest Law Enforcement Report reveals this illegal activity:
- Confiscation of gill nets and approximately 150 pounds of illegally taken game fish – Greene County
- Self inflicted gunshot wound to the leg – Union County
- Violation citations – several counties
The Law Enforcement Section of Wildlife Resources Division protects Georgia’s wildlife populations by enforcing laws, rules and regulations pertaining to game and nongame animals, threatened and endangered plants and animals, exotic animals, boating safety, litter and waste control, and other natural resource issues.
In addition, conservation rangers:
- administer the state’s hunter education and boating safety programs;
- investigate violations of wildlife laws as well as hunting and boating incidents; and
- conduct classes and programs to educate citizens about wildlife laws and safety practices.