“Our visitors will see a collection of exhibits, all under one roof, that are not found anywhere else in the southeast: dinosaurs, crystals, vintage cars, a digital planetarium, a hands-on science gallery and outdoor exhibits,” said Tellus Museum Director Jose Santamaria. “There is so much to explore it may take several trips to experience all we have to offer.”
Children will have a blast conducting hands-on experiments with light, sound, magnets and more. Dazzling gems and minerals sparkle and glow alongside interactive exhibits demonstrating how the Earth moves and changes.
- The Weinman Mineral Gallery: Learn how the Earth formed and see dazzling displays of minerals from all over the world, including some from the Moon and beyond.
- The Fossil Gallery: Walk through time from the start of life on Earth through the age of dinosaurs. Touch a real dinosaur fossil and stand among some of the largest creatures to ever walk the land.
- Science in Motion: Learn about the history of motorized transportation in this unique gallery featuring a replica Wright Brothers flyer; a 1948 Bell 47 helicopter; a jet cockpit; and, more.
- Collins Family My Big Backyard: Just for kids! Play, experiment and learn how the world works. Discover the science behind light, sound, electricity, weather and more in this interactive, engaging gallery.
- Planetarium and Observatory: Travel the universe in style in our digital planetarium. Become an amateur astronomer at our incredible observatory housed on the Tellus campus.
The public is invited to keep up with Tellus news by signing up for the museum’s monthly newsletter at Tellus Museum.
Location: I-75 at Exit 293 in Cartersville, Georgia
Address: 100 Tellus Museum Drive, White, Georgia 30184
FAQ: Tellus Museum FAQs