There are rumors floating around that say spending time at Proctor Landing Park on Lake Allatoona will make you smarter than you already are … if that’s possible.
Don’t laugh! What if the next time you’re on Jeopardy! and the answer is: “The name of a person who monitors students during an exam.”
You would boldly say, “What is a proctor, Alex?” For the win!
Proctor Landing is an 82-acre park off Hwy 92 on the shores of Lake Allatoona — Georgia’s greatest lake.
The City of Acworth beautifully maintains this oasis that’s open to the public from mid-April through mid-September.
The parking fee on weekdays is $5.00. That bumps up to $10 on weekends.
Proctor Landing Park Amenities
- Group Pavilions (pavilions can be rented for use Monday-Saturday)
- Horseshoe pits
- Picnic tables
- Public restrooms
- Swim area
- Volleyball courts
- Address: 5260 Proctor Landing Rd.; Acworth, GA 30101
- Telephone for Pavilion Reservations or Information: 770-917-1234
- Proctor Landing Parks’ Website
- Click Here to Rent a Pavilion at Proctor Landing