DNR Law Enforcement Report (9-11-13)
Hunting alligators is only slightly less interesting to me than “interpretive dancing” or “spelunking,” but some folks just cannot wait to get out there and get ’em a gator or two — before the season opens.
Bad idea for the alligator boys.
Job security for our friends at the Law Enforcement Division of Georgia’s Department of Natural Resources.
Their latest Law Enforcement Report has tales of bad boys meeting the Good Guys:
- Hunting alligator out of season – Turner County
- Shocking of fish, illegal possession of wildlife – Columbia County
- Boating violation citations – several counties
The Wildlife Resource Division protects Georgia’s wildlife by enforcing laws, rules and regulations pertaining to:
- game and nongame animals
- threatened and endangered plants and animals
- exotic animals
- boating safety
- litter and waste control
- and other natural resource issues.
We appreciate DNR’s efforts to keep the wild outdoors as tame as possible.