This weekend Marietta will be honoring those who fell during the Civil War fought 150 years ago.
Several events are planned for Friday, September 20 through Sunday the 22nd, including the commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Confederate Cemetery.
Another highlight is the premier of the movie, Kennesaw: One Last Mountain.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
- 10 AM to 4 PM Homefront Days at Marietta Museums: Gone With the Wind Museum; Marietta Museum of History; Old Zion Heritage Museum; and, Root House Museum
- 12 PM to 2 PM & 6-9 PM Music around the Square
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
- 9 AM to 12 PM Marietta Square Farmers Market
- 9 AM to 5 PM Marietta StreetFest in the Square
- 10 AM to 4 PM Homefront Days at Marietta Museums Recreation of Civil War Hospital – History Museum
- 11 AM & 2 PM Guided Tours of Downtown Civil War Hospital Sites $15 in advance / $20 day of www.bleedinggrayandbluetour.eventbrite.com
- 3 PM to 9 PM Marietta Grassroots Music Festival in the Park
- 9 PM Fireworks over Downtown (Rain-out date for Fourth of July)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
150th Anniversary Commemoration of the Confederate Cemetery
- 12-3 PM Marietta Square Farmers Market
- 1 PM Program and unveiling of Public Art
- 1:30-5 PM Living History Tours with reenactors $10 – Benefiting the Confederate Cemetery & Brown Park
Movie Premiere at the Earl Smith Strand Theatre
- 6:30-7:30 PM Concessions and exhibits
- 7:30-9 PM Movie “Kennesaw: One Last Mountain” $8 – www.earlsmithstrand.org
We encourage you to attend these outstanding events.