These warnings might be new to you or you might have them memorized. The point is they’re worthless unless you follow them.
USACE Hunter Safety Tips
- Never rely on your gun’s safety. Treat all weapons as if they’re loaded and ready to fire.
- Never cross a fence, climb a tree or stand or jump in a ditch with a loaded gun.
- Never load or carry a loaded weapon until you are ready to use it.
- Watch your muzzle so the other individuals don’t have to.
- Wear hunter orange so you can be seen. A blaze orange hat and at least 400 square inches of hunter orange above the waist-line should be worn during all gun deer seasons.
- Never shoot unless you are absolutely sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting firearms.