If you are one of the roughly 27 people who were able to follow the action and/or story line in The Bourne Legacy, the link between running and “dirty spokes” probably makes perfect sense to you.
The Dirty Spokes folks want you to explore the trails at four of Georgia’s most dandy state parks, while earning points for awards.
Registration fees range from $25 to $45 and include:
- Chip timing
- “Dry-fit” shirts
- post-race recovery drinks (only those from Klatu and Gort would help me recover)
- and fruit (not fed to you by handsomely rugged dudes or beauty queens).
Competitors will race along some of Georgia’s most scenic trails, enjoying lakes, mountains and streams in four state parks in North Georgia:
- Red Top Mountain State Park in Cartersville 9.9/3.1 Mile Trail Run August 3
- Unicoi State Park in Helen 10K/5K Trail Run September 7
- Fort Yargo State Park in Winder 8.55K/3.45K Trail Run October 12
- Victoria Bryant State Park near Lavonia 10K/5K Trail Run December 7
Racers and spectators may want to stay overnight in the park cabins, lodges, yurts or campsites. For reservations, visit www.GeorgiaStateParks.org.