Autumn Camping on Lake Allatoona
Most US Army Corps of Engineers campsites around Allatoona are closed for the 2018 season, but you still have two USACE campgrounds open for autumn camping on Lake Allatoona. Opening dates for the 2019 season are listed below.
For those of us who don’t love barbecuing our bods in the hot summer sun, autumn is our favorite season in the South.
Warm days, cool nights, fewer thunderstorms and the beauty pageant of fall foliage illustrate God’s creation and make being outdoors a delight.
The USACE at Allatoona Lake provides eight campgrounds with 576 public campsites.
Each campground offers a wide range of campsites, including: double campsites, group campsites, primitive campsites, and premium campsites with electrical and water hookups.
Fall is the best time of year for camping. We’re happy to report that two USACE campgrounds are open for autumn camping on Lake Allatoona.
- Victoria Campground is open through Saturday, October 27, 2018 and will reopen on Friday, March 15, 2019.
- McKinney Campground is open year round; however, seasonal campsites 78-150 are closed from December 1 until March 1.
Although they are closed for the 2018 season, these USACE campgrounds will open again when spring rolls around.
- McKasky Creek Campground reopens on Friday, March 15, 2019
- Old Hwy 41 #3 Campground reopens on Friday, May 10, 2019
- Payne Campground reopens on Friday, March 15, 2019
- Sweetwater Campground reopens on Friday, March 15, 2019
- Upper Stamp Creek Campground reopens on Friday, May 10, 2019
Take the tarp off the roof of the RV you thought you would use every weekend and enjoy a lakeside campsite the first chance you get. You never know when it will be your last chance.